Attack From Mars VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Attack From Mars VPX

This topic contains 231 replies, has 91 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Logan 8 hours, 39 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 232 total)
  • Author

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 199

I would be very surprised if that mining hack will work on a game for a machine that is already struggling. But, well – who knows. Might shorten the lifespan of the SSD a bit :whistle:

marcel hamelin
    Participant
      • Posts 4

:yahoo:

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

a little update.. I tried everyone’s tips to get this working on a 32 bit system. no luck.. now..this is by far the biggest table ( file size ) I have. so I started to export a lot of images and reduced their size by 50%, and in some cases 75%. Re imported them and got the total size around 130 mb… with all my video settings the same I was able to run the table.

but maybe a suggestion…it appears this table is meant for 4k,, maybe have two versions?? a 1080 table also?? that would bring the overall file size down greatly and less systems should be able to play it..

btw.. amazing table…congratulations on such a amazing piece of work all involved..

nkachelmeyer
    nkachelmeyer
    Participant
      • Posts 8

Great table and one of my favorites! You guys are really doing some amazing work.

As far as how the table runs.

I am running Win10 (64bit), 8GB Ram, i5 (3.1ghz), GTX660 (2GB) and I normally turn everything down to get the newer tables to play smooth, but I run on a 3 screen 23″ cab, so don’t really notice much difference in detail on such a small playfield. Performance is the important thing for my cab with a GTX660.

All runs smooth, except for the 1st saucer hit that some have mentioned. This has helped.

stumblor wrote:
    @g5k Been doing a bit of debugging around the saucer hits – I think it’s actually one of the lamp callbacks. Removing this line for me has yielded a MASSIVE improvement:

SolCallback(23) = “SetLamp 123,”

changed to

SolCallback(23) = “” ‘ debugging

Only other thing I noticed was that the left lane seems to suck the ball in and drain easily.

Again, amazing work and thank you for all the hard work you put in. Everyone here appreciates what you are doing with VPX. :good: :yahoo:

viriiguy
    Participant
      • Posts 12

No sense in doubling the authors work, to just cripple his creation. It’s better if you just upgrade. Eventually you will have to anyway… Just like VPX made all us old timers, spend hundreds already. :)

Draifet
    Participant
      • Posts 51

…and probably i’m wrong but I think that VPX already have an option to limit the texture size, no need to downscale them.

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

…and probably i’m wrong but I think that VPX already have an option to limit the texture size, no need to downscale them.

there is… and i had to have it down to the lowest setting for vpx to even load the table in the editor or else it crashes. let alone play it.. its the overall size of the table i think is the problem.

once loaded I could down size the graphics, then once done. i put the all my settings at max again and tested ok.

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

No sense in doubling the authors work, to just cripple his creation. It’s better if you just upgrade. Eventually you will have to anyway… Just like VPX made all us old timers, spend hundreds already. :)

thanks for the help…. :wacko: in the meantime.. this was a answer to those not knowing why it wouldn’t work in 32bit.. instead of just saying “upgrade” without a clear answer is not what i was going for..

just trying to help others…

The Kman
    The Kman
    Participant
      • Posts 5

Update:
    After playing for about 3 hours last night going at a clip of a beer every 30 minutes…i am blown away. It literally looks and feels so real. The light show and details on this playfield are at another level. Just for fun there was a new release of Simpsons data east that was uploaded a couple days ago and I went ahead and downloaded it. Attack made that Simpsons release look like Atari 2600. I immediately deleted it from my rig as to not offend the ROM of ATTACK. It was a close call but when I went back to ATTACK it forgave me for that momentary loss of judgment and allowed me to play it. BLOWN AWAY BOYS!!!!! :gott:

PS: I will be in Florence, Italy at the end of August for two weeks and from what I understand this is the Italian pin heads site. I want to buy whomever the fuck made this beast wine, cheese and whores. Who wants in?!?!?!?

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 366

Don’t unterrate a good old bejautiful Atari 2600 ;-) … or – as you said, like DE Simpsons.

I have both, 2 Fresh Photos here, of Course Simpsons only as VPX …

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    laylow
    laylow
    Participant
      • Posts 106

Update:
    After playing for about 3 hours last night going at a clip of a beer every 30 minutes…i am blown away. It literally looks and feels so real. The light show and details on this playfield are at another level. Just for fun there was a new release of Simpsons data east that was uploaded a couple days ago and I went ahead and downloaded it. Attack made that Simpsons release look like Atari 2600. I immediately deleted it from my rig as to not offend the ROM of ATTACK. It was a close call but when I went back to ATTACK it forgave me for that momentary loss of judgment and allowed me to play it. BLOWN AWAY BOYS!!!!! :gott:

PS: I will be in Florence, Italy at the end of August for two weeks and from what I understand this is the Italian pin heads site. I want to buy whomever the fuck made this beast wine, cheese and whores. Who wants in?!?!?!?

Well this kind of stories motivates a table creator :?

Follow Laylow's Visual Pinball News on Facebook! With posts of all the latest table releases and updates from all the main VP websites. Have fun!
    https://www.facebook.com/LaylowsVPN/

sliderpoint
    sliderpoint
    Participant
      • Posts 8

It’s always great to see people shit on other authors, especially when the poster has contributed zero to the hobby.

Please ignore him 32A.

-Mike

Cognis
    Participant
      • Posts 8

Wait, what?? Did I read that right? Man that Simpson’s release was awesome. Played it a couple hours last night with the family. Great time. Great table. G-R-E-A-T quality. 32A thank you for your hard work and quality release!

Let’s stear this thread back to focus on ATM which in its own right is an awesome release.

Thank you to ALL contributors from backglass scans to plastics to models to lighting to scripts to full table builders. I can never extend the appropriate amount of gratitude you all deserve. I hope a simple “THANK YOU” keeps you stoked to continue with this hobby.

The Kman
    The Kman
    Participant
      • Posts 5

My bad boys. That was my poor attempt at humor again. I really didn’t delete it as it is pretty cool table. I threw some Euros in the jar for being a dummy. Cheers!

darquayle
    Participant
      • Posts 2

First. AWESOME table. The lights, reflections, sides, flashers, game play, is all incredible.
    Second. Those of us who are not talented in building tables truly hold those who do on a very high pedestal. Keep doing what you do and we’ll always be craving for more. THANK YOU!

Quick info on my specs: Running latest beta of VPX, Pinmane, and Pinballx. System has a 4K main monitor and two lower resolution screens for backglass and DMD. All driven by an 1080ti. I’m running with 32GB of RAM on the latest Win10 64bit update. System plays awesome on this hardware.
    Here’s two items I’ve noticed:
    – If I enable “Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode” in VPX (which is how I typically run my tables), there are some vertical graphic glitches that occur when you hit the three Saucer targets. I think Light House describes this in post #58070. If I run the table without this setting enabled, then the graphics are perfect. I’m fine with the work-around as the latest version of Windows appears to run similarly with or without this setting enabled.
    – One side affect, if I run VPX without “Force exclusive Fullscreen Mode” enabled directly from the VPX interface, my B2S screen loads fine. However, if I launch it from PinballX, it typically does not launch the B2S. I expect this is a resource issue. My work around is to keep a static image of the backglass up at all times and if the B2S launch great, if not, then I still have a nice looking image as my backglass.

Great job!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.