Attack From Mars VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Attack From Mars VPX

This topic contains 231 replies, has 91 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Logan 9 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 232 total)
  • Author

mophead
    Participant
      • Posts 27

My quick review: on a scale of 0-10 this table is an 11. It is THAT good, spectacular I would say. G5k, your vision and execution is in a league of it’s own. I also wanted to thank DJRobX for collaborating on this project and his countless contributions to our community, as well as all the other fine folks who contributed their skills, time and effort to make this masterpiece possible.

I too experienced some initial issues with vertical graphic glitches during flasher sequences, ROM getting out of sync losing track of balls, some stuttering etc. I normally run my FPS limiter at 60+1 pre-rendered frame as this typically yields the best results on my system, however for this table setting VSync was the magic trick. Also, Toxie mentioned a few posts back that disabling the ScreenSpace Reflections would work better with the technique g5k was using, and I have to admit I much prefer the visuals with SSR disabled. With SSR enabled majority of the models had chrome-like reflective surfaces that were hiding the brilliant textures below. Once disabled I could finally appreciate the saucers and martians in all their detailed glory.

I’m sure these settings are particular to my system running Win7, i5 4670K and GTX980, but thought I’d share my findings just in case it may help someone else.

Thank you again for all you do to push the bar higher and higher! :gott:

g5k
    g5k
    Participant
      • Posts 82

1.1 testing the fixed strobe multi…and dynamic chrome ramps 8O

stumblor
    stumblor
    Participant
      • Posts 15

Burning the candle at both ends! Thanks again for all the EXTRA work g5k. Its looking mega.

stumblor
    stumblor
    Participant
      • Posts 15

BTW sounds like your cab solenoids have been working pretty hard these last few weeks ;-)

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 199

Two words

HOLY SHIT !!

I have not played the 1.0 much yet since it has a few issues. The plan become to wait until the small issues it has is resolved. Seeing this 1.1 preview makes me happy about my decision. What a beauty – and the good thing is, I know already that it plays very well.

Now – I’m super happy that I went for a 1080 :yes:

Rawnei
    Participant
      • Posts 13

1.1 testing the fixed strobe multi…and dynamic chrome ramps 8O

Are you a Pinball Wizard? :DX:

mountainmaninga
    mountainmaninga
    Participant
      • Posts 9

I too am suffering from the three bank gate not dropping during the entire gameplay. I guess my PC needs another GPU bump?

My PC stats are:

Xeon E3-1231 3.4 GHZ
    8GB RAM
    120GB SSD
    GTX960 4GB -> 4K TV
    GTX950 4GB-> 3 other screens (backglass, DMD, and topper)
    Win7 -64Bit

Do I need more GPU firepower? I was going to buy a GTX1060 OC 6GB to replace the GTX960 and then move the 960 to replace 950. I also have a 500W PSU. Should I upgrade to 750W?

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

I too am suffering from the three bank gate not dropping during the entire gameplay. I guess my PC needs another GPU bump?

My PC stats are:

Xeon E3-1231 3.4 GHZ
    8GB RAM
    120GB SSD
    GTX960 4GB -> 4K TV
    GTX950 4GB-> 3 other screens (backglass, DMD, and topper)
    Win7 -64Bit

Do I need more GPU firepower? I was going to buy a GTX1060 OC 6GB to replace the GTX960 and then move the 960 to replace 950. I also have a 500W PSU. Should I upgrade to 750W?

I had this problem too.. found a simple fix for it.. but yeah, you are probably right. much bigger power supply unit, around 800w, and a better video card that can do native 4k is probably the fix :good:

Joul
    Participant
      • Posts 12

Thank you , really fabulous job. :good:

Bluetooth
    Participant
      • Posts 43

Thanks a lot, obviously a masterpiece ! :gott:
    The quality of the lighting and the details are just outstanding :bravo:
    Thanks again for the hard and selfless work !

Mandolinor
    Mandolinor
    Participant
      • Posts 1

Oh my god. Is this for real? :wacko:

Tamachi
    Participant
      • Posts 9

1.1 hyyyyyyype 8O 8O :hurra: :hurra:

burnsthe01
    Participant
      • Posts 1

I had this problem too..

I had this problem too.. :wacko: :unsure: :cry:

g5k
    g5k
    Participant
      • Posts 82

As a part of optimising AFM 1.1, the biggest ticket items are the playfield image segments for GI and flashers. Deleting the outer peripheral areas outside of the active playfield yielded some good savings immediately (around 10mb of 180mb total). Then this tool was amazing. To anyone developing and looking to improve performance read on. I just exported all the images to a folder, this tool then batches the whole folder (took about 30 minutes of processing time). It then reports how much it has saved on each image as a percentage. Prior to starting the exported images = 178.9mb, after the manual optimising and this tool it reduced to 137.8mb which will be reduced a bit more when some images that aren’t used are cleaned out prior to release.

Several tools out there to do this. I’m on Mac so used this:
    https://imageoptim.com/mac

This page references some Windows options:
    https://imageoptim.com/versions.html

snwfrd38
    snwfrd38
    Participant
      • Posts 13

Thank @g5k for the level of details you bring on your tables! The quality of the lighting is simply incredible as well as the physics! I’m looking forward to the 1.1 version!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.