Attack From Mars VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Attack From Mars VPX

This topic contains 279 replies, has 102 voices, and was last updated by  NetzZwerg 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 280 total)
  • Author

Ben Logan
    Participant
      • Posts 337

Super excited to download this once I’m back home. Got to play the real thing in San Francisco today. Punishes for missed shots. Glad to hear this version is similarly tough!

Tamás Sztár
    Participant
      • Posts 1

Bírom ezt a flippert!

CyclonePF
    Participant
      • Posts 3

Thank you Draifet and g5k for the advice on getting the space ship to reappear. I needed to adjust the inclination, as Draifet suggested. I always do keep the zscale at 1, but I also try to set the inclination to zero, and this sometimes causes me issues.

My original POV settings were what is shown in the following image. But changing the inclination to 3 solved my issue.

This table is soooo addictive!! Thanks for this masterpiece.

BorisB
    BorisB
    Participant
      • Posts 31

Thanks a lot for the update g5k! Not only does this table look absolutely gorgeous, it now plays just like the real one :good: Totally fun and unforgiving if shots don’t hit exactly. A habit which the real table used to empty my wallet in the past and which forced me to concentrate and learn how to avoid mistakes.
    Can’t thank you all enough for these gems! :heart:

johngreve
    Participant
      • Posts 48

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work with pinup system? Pup-packs with the original table work fine, but I’m not getting the backglass and topper videos to show up. This table looks sweet!!!!

Yep….pinup player pack works just fine for me on this table. I just installed the table , loaded it up and the pinup videos began working right out of the box for me.

Bullwinkle55
    Bullwinkle55
    Participant
      • Posts 8

Thanks for the great update. It feels even better now, and so much more satisfying to shake the saucers hard when destroying them. A well done masterpiece. :bravo:

Ben Logan
    Participant
      • Posts 337

The new graphics card I ordered hasn’t arrived in our local shop yet. I’m thrilled to find that this new update is so well optimized that it runs on my humble GTX-750ti based system. Thanks so much for the script options to switch off higher end visual effects (They do look amazing by the way, just cause my system a bit of stutter). Switching off a few script effects allows me to run this masterpiece with quality antialiasing and dynamic ambient occlusion. Still looks stunning, and butter smooth gameplay even during multiball.

I love the physics. Plays very close to the real thing — and I’ve played a bunch in the last few weeks, both remakes and originals (Reno, SF, Concord and Redding). Hope I don’t sound like I’m bragging (my scores have been pretty low!) — just want g5k and friends to know what a knockout job you’ve done with this recreation!

Some small details I love: The ball itself has such a cool texture. Also, the ball rolling sounds are special — especially like the way they sound when trying to catch the ball with flippers.

Mike Wong
    Participant
      • Posts 10

Just download 1.1 yesterday and the game looks, sounds and feels as good as the real thing. I am still having the same issue as 1.0 when you hit the saucer the lights are showing up as large vertical stripe lines. My system specs are i7 (4770k), 16gb ram, 970gtx 4gb under win7 64bit. I might try stumblor suggestion from post #63006 from page 6:

Change this:
    SolCallback(23) = “SetLamp 123,” –> SolCallback(23) = “” ‘ debugging

Any help would be greatly appreciated… thanks again to g5k and the rest of the guys who put in work to provide the VP community with this awesome release!

stumblor
    stumblor
    Participant
      • Posts 17

I am still having the same issue as 1.0 when you hit the saucer the lights are showing up as large vertical stripe lines. My system specs are i7 (4770k), 16gb ram, 970gtx 4gb under win7 64bit. I might try stumblor suggestion from post #63006 from page 6:

Change this:

I think all the little 1.0 hacks like this are now covered using the 1.1 config options at the top of the script. Search for ‘Lame’ (haha @g5k) and then fiddle with those 1/0 options. For my system I needed to disable the last one before my saucer hits were like butter.

Light House
    Light House
    Participant
      • Posts 34

Just download 1.1 yesterday and the game looks, sounds and feels as good as the real thing. I am still having the same issue as 1.0 when you hit the saucer the lights are showing up as large vertical stripe lines. My system specs are i7 (4770k), 16gb ram, 970gtx 4gb under win7 64bit. I might try stumblor suggestion from post #63006 from page 6:

Change this:

Any help would be greatly appreciated… thanks again to g5k and the rest of the guys who put in work to provide the VP community with this awesome release!

Below I leave my specifications and adjustments to help whoever needs it:

Led Monitor 1920×1080 60 Hz
    Intel Core I5-4590
    8 gb ram
    NVidia Gforce GTX960
    Windows 7 Pro 64 Bits

SETTINGS :
    Playfield Graphics > Reflect elements on playfield = OFF
    User Customizations > FPS Limiter/Vsync = 2
    Editor > LeftRampColidable & RightRampColidable > Reflection Enabled = OFF
    Script > ChromeRailFlashers = 0
    Video Options > Force exclusive fullscreen = OFF & Screen space reflections = OFF
    **No more adjustments have been changed

The most important thing is Vsync = 2, with that you will disappear the vertical stripes when you hit the saucer, then you can simply try to deactivate options that I have put, to get performance without lag.

g5k
    g5k
    Participant
      • Posts 104

@Mike Wong changing that SolCallBack is going to disable the flasher in the UFO…you don’t want to do that.

A few things you could try;
    – Try turning off force exclusive if you have that on/off to see if it changes
    – if you have adjusted z-scale set it back to 1
    – Make sure you don’t have any texture compression settings going on.
    – Do a reset on the rom that has been the cause of a few unexplained things for people.

What refresh does your monitor run at… 60hz?
    If it isn’t 60hz you may want to try adjusting the lamp timer. This an element located on layer 1. It is set to default at the moment for 60hz but if you are running a different refresh you can change the number based on this formula which I think is correct.

8/60*yourrefresh (eg. for 75hz = 10, for 120hz = 16 and so on)

Hopefully something there helps. It sounds like you are getting lag drawing to the screen.

g5k
    g5k
    Participant
      • Posts 104

Also you should try going into the service menu and see if it happens when you activate that flasher in isolation.

‘0’ to open coin door, then use the keys 7,8,9 and 0 to navigate the service menu.

There are a couple to try;
    tests > solenoids > 39 is the strobe
    tests > flashers > 23 is the ufo flasher (they use the same elements)

While in flashers cycle through the rest too to see if the problem occurs on any of the other flashers.

The only other thing I wondered was if it was a depth issue and changing the depth value of the flasher that is causing the problem for you.

gStAv
    gStAv
    Participant
      • Posts 24

Thanks for this super good looking table g5k and team!!!
    One question.

Tried to set everything to 0 in the script but still have a bit of a stutter :cry:
    Are there a 1080 version of the rendered pictures or maybe a picture pack to replace for us with only HD monitors as I guess the 4K will not benefit in my cab but only strees my pretty old CPU with GTX970 as GPU.

Thanks in advance master!

/Gustav

Calle Vesterdahl
    Participant
      • Posts 7

Should I change the timer interval (default 10) or the user value (default blank)?
    no issues on 1.0

mophead
    Participant
      • Posts 28

Tried to set everything to 0 in the script but still have a bit of a stutter :cry:
    Are there a 1080 version of the rendered pictures or maybe a picture pack to replace for us with only HD monitors as I guess the 4K will not benefit in my cab but only strees my pretty old CPU with GTX970 as GPU.

Thanks in advance master!

/Gustav

Gustav, try running it in Force Exclusive Screen with FPS limiter set to 1 (VSync).

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.