Attack From Mars VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Attack From Mars VPX

This topic contains 292 replies, has 107 voices, and was last updated by  Scritley 4 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 286 through 293 (of 293 total)
  • Author
    Joey2001
    Joey2001
    Participant
      • Posts 22

Maybe I found a bug in this great table.
    Yesterday I have a good game with 55 Billion and I’m in the Attack Mars-mode.
    After two shots in the saucer I’ve got Total Annihilation-mode. And then I can’t end Attack mars-mode.
    It’s not possible to shoot in the saucer till the end of the game.
    So I can’t shoot the other eight balls in the saucer. But after a while the Ruler of the Universe-mode came anyway.

inferno156
    inferno156
    Participant
      • Posts 17

Wow, I wish I was good enough to test this bug for myself. :o

g5k
    g5k
    Participant
      • Posts 127

Maybe I found a bug in this great table.
    Yesterday I have a good game with 55 Billion and I’m in the Attack Mars-mode.
    After two shots in the saucer I’ve got Total Annihilation-mode. And then I can’t end Attack mars-mode.
    It’s not possible to shoot in the saucer till the end of the game.
    So I can’t shoot the other eight balls in the saucer. But after a while the Ruler of the Universe-mode came anyway.

Nice game man!

It should all be handled by the rom. My only offering is this rom seems to be able to be mucked around. I had to reset mine to get the bank working again. I have a theory that if you play one of the other AFM builds and then this one it contributes to messing it up but haven’t tested. With a score like that you are unlikely to want to reset and lose your high scores but my suggestion is reset and repeat and see if it happens again ;p

JM136
    Participant
      • Posts 1

Looks awesome in 4K! Thanks!

marcel hamelin
    Participant
      • Posts 5

Hi

I just realise that in martian attack mode. No selenoid are use. Is there a way enable them?

thanks

goofything
    Participant
      • Posts 2

I’m having trouble with the sound when using afm_113b ROM. The bumpers, flippers, etc. all sound fine but the background voices, music and other sound is barely audible. I’ve tried adjusting the volume in the door open menu, but that didn’t help. I get the sounds in all their wonderful glory with the afm_113 ROM but not the 113b.

Any suggestions or help. I’ve tried different 113b ROMs from different sites but nothing has worked for me.

Cheers.

guga_nt
    guga_nt
    Participant
      • Posts 47

Hello, have you tried to increase the volume by pressing the end key, then the number 9?

Scritley
    Participant
      • Posts 1

For those with the 3 targets bank problem, desactivate the texture compression option in the video option. Loading of the table is much quicker. It works for me ;-)

Interesting find.

So I took the plunge and bought a GTX 1060 OC 6GB at my local MicroCenter for $289. I’m still running the GTX 950 on the other 3 monitors for now. The 1060 is just for the 4K playfield. Installed it and saw my frame rate jump to 329 fps on this table but the three bank still did not drop. I unchecked the Texture Comp box and still no effect. Hmmmm. So I load my old AFM table I had before that is 30MB is size and still no bank drop. I checked the ROM settings to see if I had disabled it from my last game by mistake. It was set to enable. Hmmmm… So I noticed in the NVRAM folder that AFM113b has a .v3 file with it. I ended up deleting both the .v3 and .nv file and all of a sudden the bank would drop. I guess something in the NVRAM from the previous table using AFM113b got messed up. I will also add the the table takes some time to load with the texture compression box checked. Unchecking it loads the table instantly.

Thx G5K and others for talking me into the upgrade. I might not have needed it in the end, but it future proofs me for a little bit from all the great tables you guys are creating! Super thanks for all the fun! :hurra:

Hi,

I too was having the 3 bank not working issue but I already have a pretty well spec’d PC as I also run my Oculus rig on it (i5 6500, MSi GTX 1070 Gaming card, 16Gb RAM, .M2 SDD card, etc).

However, when I removed the NVRAM file corresponding to the ROM file, it started working!

Thank you so much for posting this. I hope this helps others with the same issue.

Thanks,
    Scott

Viewing 8 posts - 286 through 293 (of 293 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.