Attack From Mars VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Attack From Mars VPX

This topic contains 231 replies, has 91 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Logan 9 hours, 34 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 232 total)
  • Author

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

Anyone succeed To run it with a 32bits windows ?
    Things its impossible, crashes everytime i try To load it…

32-bit can’t handle more than 4GB memory. This is the problem my friend.

im in the same boat as you guys, ughhh. has anyone upgraded to 64 bit and everything in windows stayed the same… or do you start totally fresh with a fresh windows install?

i would cram this things with ram if i could. but maxed out with this 32 bit stuff..

Marco
    Participant
      • Posts 16

What a great table! Thank you for the work and effort!

I feel about it but I want to report a stuck ball and a potential problem on the left ramp. I wanted to hit the ramp but the ball did not quite make it and then got stuck. Nudging did not help and the ball search did not help either.

I have attached a screen shot hoping that this might be helpful.

Thank you again – now back to play :-)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Knievel
    Knievel
    Participant
      • Posts 7

Hey thanks for the tip. Turning FPS on did fix that lighting issue.
    Affects the ball movement somewhat though. Kind of ‘floaty’ with it turned on.

If you haven’t already, try enabling vsync and disabling desktop composition in video options.

A2597
    Participant
      • Posts 5

I did however never set out to support everything, I built the table to take things further and as a result some of you simply won’t be able to play the table without better hardware. Sorry but I feel it is more important to take things forward than hold them back for the lowest common denominator. If it was a commercial product that was being sold I would have a different view and go for maximum support at the expense of some features but for now I want it to look the best I can make it.

Stay tuned ~

I like this mindset. And for the record, aside from a single stutter on the first saucer hit (and only the first), it runs smoothly for me on an old GTX660 at 1080p. (Better than I expected!)

Beautiful table, I love it!

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

I like taking things forward… and i dont think its my video card.. but the 32 bit, 4gb ram issue… correct me but isnt vpx only a 32bit program?? so isnt it true the max memory it could use would be 4gb?

vpx struggles to load the table in the vpx editor, and when i push the play button it thinks for a bout a minute, then crashes. i have a older amd sapphire hd 5870 eyefinity 6. maxed out settings and all tables work but this…

so do guys think vpx crashed due to video card?? or ram??

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 199

Yes. VP is mostly 32bit. But if run on a 64bit os it means that any 32bit program can only use 4G continuous memory. Simplified and not 100% correctly explained. If you run 16G memory, You could have 4 programs using the 32bit limit of 4G.

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

I understand….sooo. long shot question…has anyone tried this table on a 32bit system , and then with same hardware, but 64 bit system ( more ram, since 64 bit can use it)

I would love to try this table, and if upgrading to 64 bit is the answer, then it is what it is….

The Kman
    The Kman
    Participant
      • Posts 5

I am very impressed with this table. I deleted that old version that was available from someone else as this one is gold. This is now in my top three tables along with Monster Bash and Indy PA. Blow away boys!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and cheers!!!!

Tamachi
    Participant
      • Posts 9

I just want to thank you for this wonderful table :bravo:

I did however never set out to support everything, I built the table to take things further and as a result some of you simply won’t be able to play the table without better hardware. Sorry but I feel it is more important to take things forward than hold them back for the lowest common denominator. If it was a commercial product that was being sold I would have a different view and go for maximum support at the expense of some features but for now I want it to look the best I can make it.

Stay tuned ~

I like this mindset. And for the record, aside from a single stutter on the first saucer hit (and only the first), it runs smoothly for me on an old GTX660 at 1080p. (Better than I expected!)

Beautiful table, I love it!

Me too I have the same weird little issue, I have a stutter on only the first saucer hit, not too bad but it is disturbing, but after that it plays just fine with my gtx 1060 :good:

toxie
    toxie
    Participant
      • Posts 40

I understand….sooo. long shot question…has anyone tried this table on a 32bit system , and then with same hardware, but 64 bit system ( more ram, since 64 bit can use it)

I would love to try this table, and if upgrading to 64 bit is the answer, then it is what it is….

It uses >2GB of RAM, so could well be that 32bit windows is not good enough. Try enabling the ‘Texture Compression’ in the global video preferences, if that helps.

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 199

Why would people do that ? People with machines with more than 4G would of course not install 32bit on their machine in the first place. Or some might, but, that would be because they didn’t know better.

It is of course up to you. But, win7 is starting to age. If you re-install and don’t have any special hardware that requires Win7, then you probably, depending on how old your hardware is get more ram and install Win10. I don’t think there even exists a win10 32bit ?!

Toxie has as usual a good point. It might be that you can force this table to use less textures and in that free up some memory. But, it will not look as good as it is intended.

luckyadam
    Participant
      • Posts 36

thank for the tips, i will try them…I even noticed the download had the details slider down by half in the options…A beefy gaming computer with all maxed settings and this table im sure would be a treat…thanks again everyone for the tips and listening..

johngreve
    Participant
      • Posts 47

Anyone succeed To run it with a 32bits windows ?
    Things its impossible, crashes everytime i try To load it…

32-bit can’t handle more than 4GB memory. This is the problem my friend.

I’m in the same boat here….the 32 bit 4gig ceiling. I’m going to upgrade to 64bit and add ram and would like to think that I’ll be golden for a while yet. My processor and video card are more than adequate for this table. I’m glad Grant is dragging guys like me out of the stone ages of three years ago. I can’t wait to see this beauty. I’d like to do a 4K cabinet at some point…..that would certainly be the way to go. I can imagine the visuals in true 4K would be simply stunning.

Rawnei
    Participant
      • Posts 13

Also if it seems like a pain in the butt to install Windows 10 you could do an in-place upgrade from Win7, it wouldn’t take that long or be that much of a hassle and works well really.

ganjafarmer
    ganjafarmer
    Participant
      • Posts 24

Win7 32-bit users – you can try our mining trick with Page file in Windows.
    We don’t use 32-bit systems but when you use 64-bit with 4GB ram and 12 high end gpu’s you have to use custom Page file (we use up to 80GB disk space).

Go to advanced system settings and uncheck “Automatically manage paging file for all drives”
    Next set custom size for something like 4GB (4096MB).

I use Win 7 64-bit with 8GB ram (2 bricks) so i can check if i can run this table with one brick (4GB ram).

EDIT: Just played quickie with 4GB ram on Win7 64-bit (20GB Pagefile). Didn’t noticed longer loading times or stutter.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.