Backglasses not closing for certain games

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums FRONTEND Backglasses not closing for certain games

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Wong 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

redrooster
    Participant
      • Posts 6

I’ve got this lingering issue with PinballX not closing backglasses, but only on certain games.

I tried the batch thing, I tried to add text to the scripts, nothing is working. These tables work fine, other than the backglasses not closing, and it’s a PinballX specific issue. Using them in regular VP9/VPX, the backglass closes just fine.

I feel it is interesting/important to note that it is only applicable to games that don’t have a DMD/have scoring on the backglass itself.

Games in question:

VPX
    Ali
    Bad Cats
    Cubs (chicago cubs triple play baseball)
    Elvira and the party monsters
    Robocop

VP9
    Rocky

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Light House
    Light House
    Participant
      • Posts 34

Hi.The executable KillBackglass.exe in the Tables folder and in Launch After of pinballX what is shown in the photo or in the correct path in your pc,
    Best regards. :D

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

redrooster
    Participant
      • Posts 6

Thanks, I will give it a try.

redrooster
    Participant
      • Posts 6

Worked for me. Thank you very much!

Light House
    Light House
    Participant
      • Posts 34

Worked for me. Thank you very much!

A pleasure to help you a little. :winken:

Mike Wong
    Participant
      • Posts 10

Here is the reason why some work and some don’t. For the tables that do work it is because there is a call to stop the controller. I went through all my tables and searched for the script for the string “controller.stop”. If it wasn’t there I added this exit sub routine on the very bottom:

Sub Table1_exit()
    Controller.Pause = False
    Controller.Stop
    End Sub

Keep in mind it isn’t always “Table1” and you will need to check what the author named their table by toggling the Options button on the left after you have opened the table. Whatever the table name is you just replace Table1 with it. For example, ACDC it didn’t have default name of Table1 but ACDC instead:

Sub ACDC_exit()
    Controller.Pause = False
    Controller.Stop
    End Sub

I would say out of the 390 tables about 85% already had this call in the script.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.