BATMAN the dark knight VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA BATMAN the dark knight VPX

This topic contains 176 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by  giovanni1966 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)
  • Author

outhere
    Participant
      • Posts 54

These are the links I used from the download page and the game works great..
    v1.0
    -initial release

Other info

The table is builded in VP10.4 but you need VP 10.5 scripts or the flippers won’t work (FastFlips)!!
    FastFlips for SAM games is supported by VP10.5 rev 3434 and above. Download it from:
    http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=39428&p=397433
    You also need the updated VPM, grab it from here (rev4515 at least)
    At the bottom of the first post in the SAMBuild3.1 beta thread
    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3461-sambuild31-beta-thread/

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 207

Seems I manage to provoke a script crash. Just after a mb. The crane managed to take the last ball with him into its resting place. The ball search started. Ball came loose. I tried to capture it with the right flipper while he crane moved to the very left of the table. It jumped up and then I got at “null” error from line 624.

myBall.Y = LowerTrack.Y – BatRampRadius * cos (RampPos * Pi/180)

I don’t expect this happens very often, but, this is near of being a perfect table :)

ninuzzu
    ninuzzu
      • Posts 461

The script error is weird…

About Lucius Fox:before sending the ball into the upper playfield (1st and 2nd shot) try to get all the 4 green lights blinking. If you manage to do it, you will complete the gadgets quicker. To do it hit the 2 white targets multiple times, then send the ball into the upper playfield.
    I successfully unlocked him with this tecnique.

Korbin Knight
    Korbin Knight
    Participant
      • Posts 6

First off, thank you Tom Tower and Ninuzzu for an excellent emu of this table and the support after release.

Ok, so Im dying to ask and hope someone will reply to tell me if this is their way the table operates or is it just mine (for some reason). With the fix of the Batmoible ramp in version 1.1.1 the ball no longer drops below the ramp and gets lost, however watching videos of the real table, when the ball enters the ramp, the ramp is to tilt forward upon ball entry, but my install, the ball rolls back to the entrance and sits until the “lost ball” kicks in and the table spins the joker, moves the crane and finally tilts the Batmobile ramp, that ends up releasing the ball back into play.

So, please tell me, does everyone else have the ramp work this way? Waiting for the lost ball to play out when the ball enters the ramp, or is their ramp tilting upon entry like the real table? I’ve been looking for Youtube videos of this table being played, but I cant find any posted on this new release yet.

Everything else works great and I’ve verified multiple times I am using all the current VPM/SAM and VPinX 5 beta. My curiosity is just getting the better of me. If everyone else is seeing this, then Im good, but if the table is working as the real table, then I am going to continue on with my search on why my install is not operating as others.

Thanks for any and all that reply on their table operation.

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 207

@korbin : I don’t have any problems with this table. Never had. So, it is really weird that you have these problems. Could you please post exact download link to the files you’ve used to update to get to the latest and greatest ?? It should be the first post in the VPX beta thread on VPF, and the last post in the Pinmame 3.1 beta over at VPU.

If it is. Then I can’t think of anything else than that you either have multiple installs of VP or that there are older *.vbs files that gets read before the updated files.

@ninuzzu : Thanks for the tip. I wish I knew this yesterday. Once again I was near getting there. Over 250M on first ball. I choked though. Ended up with only just over 275M :-( :cry:

Korbin Knight
    Korbin Knight
    Participant
      • Posts 6

@korbin : I don’t have any problems with this table. Never had. So, it is really weird that you have these problems. Could you please post exact download link to the files you’ve used to update to get to the latest and greatest ?? It should be the first post in the VPX beta thread on VPF, and the last post in the Pinmame 3.1 beta over at VPU.

If it is. Then I can’t think of anything else than that you either have multiple installs of VP or that there are older *.vbs files that gets read before the updated files.

@ninuzzu : Thanks for the tip. I wish I knew this yesterday. Once again I was near getting there. Over 250M on first ball. I choked though. Ended up with only just over 275M :-( :cry:

Thanks for the reply. Knowing that the ramp tilts as soon as the ball enters let me know I need to look further. While I did get the files via the links you posted, I have not removed all my vbs files. This will be my next step when I get home tonight.

Again, thank you for letting me know the table is working and I just need to find it.

Korbin Knight
    Korbin Knight
    Participant
      • Posts 6

@thalamus – Man, I finally got it! I reloaded everything and still nothing. Of all things, it actually was something you mentioned, but it was the one thing I blew off. I had older versions of the VPX in my folder and my short cuts as well as PinballX was pointing to an older version, even though I updated it in the folder. When I saw all my older versions in the folder I had a Face-Palm. Changed the exe to the newest VPX and tested. Thats all she wrote! Thanks man for all the suggestions.

grendelrt
    Participant
      • Posts 3

This table isn’t listed as having SSF support (that I have seen), but it does sound like it has it or am I mistaken?

Duncan Fenn
    Participant
      • Posts 2

Edit: Resolved. Updated to the latest sambuild and all good..

is it just me or does the ball get stuck on the crane?

Running 3455..

Rawnei
    Participant
      • Posts 16

is it just me or does the ball get stuck on the crane?

Running 3455..

Which version of the table? I had the problem in 1.0 but not later versions.

Duncan Fenn
    Participant
      • Posts 2

False alarm.. Sorry.. Just checked my sambuild and was running an old version. Updated to the latest and the crane is back on the right hand side.. all fixed.

Running 1.11..

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 207

This table isn’t listed as having SSF support (that I have seen), but it does sound like it has it or am I mistaken?

Of course it has. Remember. It is just people manually updating a spreadsheet. Almost all new releases has SSF. Even the crappy looking Algar has it, but not listed as such :)

grendelrt
    Participant
      • Posts 3

Of course it has. Remember. It is just people manually updating a spreadsheet. Almost all new releases has SSF. Even the crappy looking Algar has it, but not listed as such :)

I figured it did , but I didnt see it listed here either, they should because it sounds amazing :good:

iwis iwis
    Participant
      • Posts 12

this table looks great, but where can I find the right rom?
    This one doesn’t work on this table.

thx

_Sven34_
    _Sven34_
    Participant
      • Posts 206

Hello iwis iwis Look at her Mailbox here on the page :yes:

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 177 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.