Cactus Canyon VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Cactus Canyon VPX

This topic contains 444 replies, has 96 voices, and was last updated by Carny_Priest Carny_Priest 5 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 316 through 325 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    Carny_Priest
    Carny_Priest
    Participant
      • Posts 55

Can someone explain me a bit more ? My CCC works, latest VPX, i used the latest from Outhere,
    no Troubles, only i added the “Sub Table1_Exit: Controller.stop: End Sub” to Table Script,
    Because Backglass didnt quit.

I have to update again, for FastFlips and Code Update ?

For Fast Flips you will have to update the game code and table script. You will also need v2 of the Fast Flips code which is part of the beta core.vbs linked at VPF above. Use that and overwrite the old core.vbs in your scripts folder. It should be backwards compatible.

If you have CCC working, you have updated since May 10, and you are already happy with it and don’t care about Fast Flips, then there is no reason to change a thing. There are no other rule changes or bug fixes or updated assets.

Draifet
    Participant
      • Posts 67

@carny_priest

I already updated the game code, replaced the core.vbs, replaced the script and changed the PROC line to 1…

The table starts fine, fast flip working (1,2 ms) but every time i hit the left flipper, the bandit hat jumps, if I change the line to Selenoid 1 instead of 39 it stops jumping, but fast flips stop working too (4 to 6 ms).

The table still exits to the desktop instead of returning to the editor too.

Carny_Priest
    Carny_Priest
    Participant
      • Posts 55

Tested in desktop mode (i.e., no analog nudging). Fast Flips works fine for me. Also, exits out to desktop/editor crashed for me. But I don’t see how that is a game code thing. Not at all a dealbreaker for me as I use a front-end which would shutdown VP completely when you quit anyway. You might try adding Sub Table1_Exit code to the script as Stefan did a couple of posts above in the script. Check with ninuzzu for anything else dealing with installation of the P-ROC controller/pygame installation or the VPX table. I just do my little bit to ensure the VP port of the game code is aligned with the official project repo.

Draifet
    Participant
      • Posts 67

Thanks for answering, then I’m the only one with the jumping hat? :?

Edit: Fixed, add these 2 lines to the script
    Const cSingleLFlip = 0
    Const cSingleRFlip = 0

Arteries
    Participant
      • Posts 3

Hey guys, really off thing happening to me here. I downloaded teh latest installer. Uninstalled y previous P-ROC etc, then followed teh instructions. Everything worked well.
    I then decided that I wanteed to Update to teh latest CCC code (i could see that my ccc music folder didn’t contain teh Fireball music) and enable fast flip, so I downloaded a newer Install CCC batch file and ran it. I could then see that in teh music folder I now only had teh fireball sounds file.
    I then was unsure how to update teh table to fast flip etc and so thought I’d just go back to as things were with teh default install (sa per the installer here).
    I used teh unsinstaller, before following the install steps 1-3 again – not however, when I run the install CCC.bat file I get a message saying “download failed…..exiting”:-( Now I don’t know what to do.
    I’d really love to have teh latest code with fast flip etc, but I’d now settle for just a default install as per teh installer supplied here – any help would be appreciated.

Carny_Priest
    Carny_Priest
    Participant
      • Posts 55

You did not backup, did you?

Open Install CCC.bat in a text editor like Wordpad.

You will see “wget” commands. On the same line of code you will see the URLs that the program is trying to download. Could be some of the files that the program was trying to download were not available when you ran the program. Or you were not connected to the Internet. Or, etc., etc.

You can copy and paste the URL to a browser and try to download, unzip, and copy the contents of the files to your P-Roc games folder.

Arteries
    Participant
      • Posts 3

Hi, Thans for replying. I didn’t backup unfortuanately (I didn’t expect the updated downloader to delete all of the original installer’s audio files etc).
    Before seeing your reply, I did actually notice that clicking on the batch file shows where the files are trying to be downloaded from. Unfortuately it seems that all of teh audio related files are no longer downloadable from the locations when the batch file is pointing (I’ve not tried both the 3.1 installer and 3.2 batch files with no luck:-(
    Does anyone have a ink where I can obtain all of the files I need to put in the P-ROC games folder?; I think I might have the DMD files, but I’m not entirely sure that i have everything. Cheers!

Carny_Priest
    Carny_Priest
    Participant
      • Posts 55

This doesn’t work?

http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/files/ccc_sounds_20180507.zip

I was just able to start a download.

Arteries
    Participant
      • Posts 3

Thanks Carney!; looks like I might be all sorted now:-) (I have no idea as to which version of teh code I’m using and prob don’t have fast flip enabled, but I’m happy for now. I think the Batch files i was using must’ve been trying to download from old links or something.

Carny_Priest
    Carny_Priest
    Participant
      • Posts 55

Any Install CCC.bat pulls from the same github repository which only contains the most up-to-date game code. It will have the changes necessary to enable FastFlips support. The latest Install CCC.bat will download the full sound and DMD asset packs from the original author’s official CCC site. Or in the case of an update from an earlier install, an update pack from my Dropbox account.

If you have fireball.wav and the self.revision date stamp is equal to “2018.05.07” in game.py then you are likely good.

Even though it is bleeding edge, requiring people to download pieces of code from different sites, and not something I would normally push people to do, I do encourage people to figure out how to enable Fast Flips now. Once this site is down, I don’t see CCC being supported anywhere else. It’s usually frowned upon to distribute other author’s work without permission. And it looks like TT&NZ have pretty much left the scene already. Even though I have working game code, it may not be so easy to find the P-ROC installer or the table. The installer at VPinball is truly out of date.

For Fast Flips, same instructions apply as mentioned here:

You need the beta core.vbs and you need to replace the VPX table script with the updated script at @thalamus FastFlips repo. In the script, set Const PROC = 1.

Good luck and backup!

Viewing 10 posts - 316 through 325 (of 325 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.