Cactus Canyon VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Cactus Canyon VPX

This topic contains 444 replies, has 96 voices, and was last updated by Carny_Priest Carny_Priest 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    CK
    CK
    Participant
      • Posts 41

Over at Pinside I read that a new code and, most important, a new sound file with professional recordings replacing the Betty sounds should be available somewhere.

http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/files/

The name is ccc_sounds_20180207.zip

But the new code is necessary because of some additional sounds and name changes

Carny_Priest
    Carny_Priest
    Participant
      • Posts 58

I’m not aware that those new sounds are available anywhere. I’ve asked. The VP port of the game code is current with the official up to but not including the changes made for the additional sounds. Good to know from the Pinside thread that there will be an update package with the new sound assets some day. When that happens I’ll make sure the code is up to date if necessary.

ninuzzu
    ninuzzu
      • Posts 461

Nice, join the link posted by CK with the filename, you’ll get the sound link.
    Anyway what do you think about converting them to ogg instead of wav?

CK
    CK
    Participant
      • Posts 41

I only posted the filename separately because I do not want to make any troubles to the author Eric as he writes on his site that the files are not available (I think because of copyright issues)…

Carny_Priest
    Carny_Priest
    Participant
      • Posts 58

Understood. Stay tuned.

senseless
    senseless
    Participant
      • Posts 48

Guys I need your help. Thanks to the excellent installer from Ninuzzu I’m finally able to play the excellent CCC 2.0. Everything works perfectly (Table, Backglass, DMD and DOF) but the one thing that just won’t work is getting the DMD image onto my pin2dmd.

I read a ton but still can’t seem to capture the dmd. I modified the user_settings.yaml to get the dmd to display on the backglass (which displays fine):

Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 2600, Color Display Y Offset: 825,

I also created a batch file to start the dmdext (1.60) to capture the screen:

C:\apps\dmdext\dmdext mirror -s screen -position 2600 825 512 128 -d pin2dmd

Dmdext starts but does not capture the dmd on the backglass. When I run dmdext via the batchfile it seems to capture the left top corner of the playfield (0,0) and not the intended specified location (2600,825).

Can anyone share some light on what I’m missing or doing wrong?

PS dmdext works fine when I use it to capture fx2/fx3 dmd images..

manples
    manples
    Participant
      • Posts 17

[EDIT] For those with a cab that is not connected to the net and who successfully installed P-ROC (Step 3 ok) but then got “Download Failed. Please run install ccc again etc.” after launching “Install CCC.bat“, here’s a solution that worked for me.

I’ve checked the install CCC.bat and manually downloaded the 3 files (ccc_dmd_20150604.zip, ccc_sounds_20160314.zip, master.zip) and just unzipped them into C:/P-ROC/games/cactuscanyon. Launched the game and it worked.

I too have a pin2DMD. So to tell if the P-ROC DMD was “normally” working, I’ve just setup the cc13 rom to “show DMD/Display Window” and while in game, did a alt-tab and saw the tiny dmd right here on display #1 ;-)

Now I’m gonna try the DMDext solution mentioned on Vpinball by Phil Docker. Will keep you guys posted.

manples
    manples
    Participant
      • Posts 17

@senseless try –position (double dash) not -position (single dash)

Just got CCC working with my pin2dmd and DMDext. Followed precisely Phil Docker’s tuto. I just put the dmd somewhere like X 1000 y 1000 to not have it on the backglass but hidden behind the playfield (I play True Fullscreen). Hope this helps.

toxie
    toxie
    Participant
      • Posts 41

I only posted the filename separately because I do not want to make any troubles to the author Eric as he writes on his site that the files are not available (I think because of copyright issues)…

From my understanding it’s mostly due to the CCE project where both guys had some trouble in the past with each other: http://bandera6.wixsite.com/pinballmoding/cactus-canyon-extended-edition

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 210

Thanks Toxie. That is a good read.

Thomas
    Participant
      • Posts 235

Ragazzi qualcuno ha qualche suggerimento da darmi???
    mi funzionano tutte le tavole vpx .. tranne questa … come da immagine mi va in crash “vp 10.4.0”
    ne con estenzio “P-ROC” ne senza… ripeto.. questa è la sola tavola vpx che per ora mi da sto problema.
    Idee???? :whistle: :mail: :unsure:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ninuzzu
    ninuzzu
      • Posts 461

Utilizzi “force exclusive fullscreen” ?

darren clipson
    Participant
      • Posts 16

Hey guys,
    I’m looking for some advice please.
    So I have CCC installed and playing with P-Roc but I have no train, and if my ball goes into the mine, it gets stuck and I have to quit the game. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

ninuzzu
    ninuzzu
      • Posts 461

remove any vbs file that is not in the scripts folder of VP. Double check your tables folder: no vbs must stay inside this folder.

manples
    manples
    Participant
      • Posts 17

I had this bug several times in game, right after hitting Bart.
    The table freezes (but I still have sound). Any idea?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 325 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.