Contest VPX

This topic contains 62 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by jean-pierre jimenez jean-pierre jimenez 7 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    jean-pierre jimenez
    jean-pierre jimenez
    Participant
      • Posts 61

Looool, i’ll try to do it soon as possible πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ Sorry…. :rose:

JPJ

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 279

Ah no hurry … thank you :good:

jean-pierre jimenez
    jean-pierre jimenez
    Participant
      • Posts 61

I’m sure for Ninuzzu, it’s not the maximum i could do πŸ˜‰ but it’s a good compromise πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ … I think… πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

I hope it’ll be better for you Stefan and @scooby πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

I up this tomorrow or this night πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

:bye:

JPJ

Scooby
    Participant
      • Posts 39

Thanks JPJ! This brings up something that I’ve always wondered. Is there a tutorial or some basic instructions on how to lower polycount and optimize existing tables in VPX? Unfortunately, I don’t have the skills to author a table, but have enjoyed playing around the editor.

I would love to know how to lower polycounts and optimize existing tables in VPX. If anyone can help with this, I’d really like to try. Thanks!

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 77

Polycount has to do with primitives. I’m absolutely no expert in this area, but, I expect he re-renders the primitive in question after adjustment and re-import into the table.

jean-pierre jimenez
    jean-pierre jimenez
    Participant
      • Posts 61

Hi @thalamus and @scoobyπŸ˜‰ I’ve reduced the primitive’s poly out of VPX and reimport all the primitives in VPX, no need to re render them for this table πŸ˜‰ i use some VPX materials for them πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

Thank you @Ninuzzu for all your advices during Guns… I begin to understand all your precious advice πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ :rose: :rose:

JPJ

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 279

:good: All fine now πŸ™‚ Thanks for your extra works here JPJ !
    Stutters only with 10 Beers πŸ˜‰

jean-pierre jimenez
    jean-pierre jimenez
    Participant
      • Posts 61

Loooool πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ Coool Stefan Thanks πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰
    :good: :good: :good:

JPJ

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 77

Thank you so much once again JPJ. This is really a great table and job well done.
    Also, thank you to Stefan for the db2s and Tom for this great site. :good:

ninuzzu
    ninuzzu
      • Posts 357

Lol Stefan!

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 279

JPJ, that’s strange, i had Stutters again, but only in a further Game,
    first Game is OK, and about 60 FPS, but then it falling down to 50 and less,
    and get a Little Stutter again … the same, if i try to decr. EDL

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

misfit
    Participant
      • Posts 5

Hey guys – Thanks for looking into the stuttering issue. I grabbed the latest version and tried it again. I didn’t change anything with the table or settings from the default but am still seeing the stuttering. I can provide more info if it would help troubleshooting. How does one get the FPS, etc. info to show up in VP while playing?

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 279

F11 … and more F11 for other Info, and dissable

Scooby
    Participant
      • Posts 39

Hey guys, unfortunately, I’m still seeing stuttering as well with version 1.2. I was comparing some other tables with higher triangle counts and tables such as Getaway or Funhouse run at around 200/600 Triangles and I don’t notice any stuttering. Maybe it’s something besides polycount? I’m not sure but wanted to report back.

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 77

I managed to get a subscript out of range error shooting he ball into the rightmost hole.
    Guess it is was the B variable.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.