Freddy, A nightmare on Elm Street VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Freddy, A nightmare on Elm Street VPX

This topic contains 74 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  skitso 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 408

… and you are using Windows XP and an old IE ?
    Upgrade your Browser or maybe OS too … Win 7, any Chance ?
    You also could use any portable Versions of Chrome or others …

I am sure, then you will see all Pages correct.

Turbo Buick
    Participant
      • Posts 9

Thanks for the links HauntFreaks. :good:

Stefan… thanks for the info but I’m using my other PC for this message. I still don’t see the pages correctly. This rig is Win7 with Firefox v59.02 as browser. Unfortunately all I can get is dial-up in my area, would that possibly cause these issues with timeouts, etc…??? Any assistance would be much appreciated. :scratch:

Thanks guys.

Joey Beaulieu
    Participant
      • Posts 3

Ilose the ball somewhere and keep geting this error:
    aBall.Z=aZpos ‘Move the ball Z position to the value of variable aZpos
    Can anyone help? this table is too perfect to just overlook. please please help me.

stumblor
    stumblor
    Participant
      • Posts 23

Thanks very much! Table looks beautiful – and frightening!!
    Seem to be getting really low FPS with this one (20 or so) any particular reason? Running a GTX 1050.

kino412
    kino412
    Participant
      • Posts 12

Thanks very much! Table looks beautiful – and frightening!!
    Seem to be getting really low FPS with this one (20 or so) any particular reason? Running a GTX 1050.

First thing I always try when that happens is delete the backglass file (leave it in the recycle bin so you can restore it) then try to play it. If it works perfectly, try another/lighter backglass. I had that issue with 5 or 6 tables. If not, try disabling playfield reflections and see if that improves it at all.

stumblor
    stumblor
    Participant
      • Posts 23

First thing I always try when that happens is delete the backglass file (leave it in the recycle bin so you can restore it) then try to play it. If it works perfectly, try another/lighter backglass. I had that issue with 5 or 6 tables. If not, try disabling playfield reflections and see if that improves it at all.

Backglass seems to be fine (it’s always the first thing I try too!) But haven’t played around with playfield reflections – which definitely did add a FPS boost. Still running at around 40fps during multiball (I’m at 50hz screen refresh so still stutters when under that), any other table settings to try in these situations?

Appreciate the advice.

kino412
    kino412
    Participant
      • Posts 12

Backglass seems to be fine (it’s always the first thing I try too!) But haven’t played around with playfield reflections – which definitely did add a FPS boost. Still running at around 40fps during multiball (I’m at 50hz screen refresh so still stutters when under that), any other table settings to try in these situations?

Appreciate the advice.

Ball reflection, ball trail/motion blur, and Anti-aliasing (4x AA and Post-proc-AA) can also affect performance. I saw you’re using a GTX 1050 and I am as well but I’m getting around 80 FPS. Maybe either your RAM or hard drive could be limiting it?

stumblor
    stumblor
    Participant
      • Posts 23

Ball reflection, ball trail/motion blur, and Anti-aliasing (4x AA and Post-proc-AA) can also affect performance. I saw you’re using a GTX 1050 and I am as well but I’m getting around 80 FPS. Maybe either your RAM or hard drive could be limiting it?

Thanks – I have been playing with all those settings over the last few weeks, and think i’ve got a reasonably stable ball now on most tables (locking at 50fps) however interesting that you’re using the same card as me and getting almost double me?

My HD is an SSD, so wouldn’t have thought it was that, but possibly processor/memory? I’m running a Pentium G620 2.6GHz with 8gb ddr3 ram.

Might check cpu usage in task manager – see if things are running hot.

viriiguy
    Participant
      • Posts 15

No matter what I try, I cannot get this table to accept quarters. I have deleted the nvram, I have redownloaded the table and the Rom. No matter what, it won’t take credits. It makes the noise, but none show up and I can’t start a game.

Any thoughts?

robwaade
    robwaade
    Participant
      • Posts 119

I believe you need to go to rom settings in rom menu to turn on free play or coins if I remember correctly

viriiguy
    Participant
      • Posts 15

Let me see what I can do. Thanks.

viriiguy
    Participant
      • Posts 15

Well, that’s better. It will take credits. Now to make it start :D I’ll keep digging. Thanks!

robwaade
    robwaade
    Participant
      • Posts 119

youre welcome

Ulisse
    Participant
      • Posts 1

How do I control the rom volume?

skitso
    Participant
      • Posts 17

-Press F12
    -Set volume to something like -10
    -Reset table

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.