May 19, 2016 at 1:07 pm #6055
I’m Daniel and live in the Netherlands and use the translate button to read this site. Thought a time of writing on this forum, because it’s Italien. Nothing wrong with that of course, but don’t want to intervere with the meaning of this site.
Want to say this is a great looking site, with beautifull VPX tables i want to try when my cab is finished. I’m building one with my brother with 3 monitors and some feedback toys.
If it’s not appritiated that posts are in English, i will shut up and only learn and read 😉
On mosts internet sites i’m using a nickname daans.May 19, 2016 at 2:44 pm #6056
Hi Daans, you are welcome and feel free to use any language you want, especially english, this is an friendly community for everyone loves same hobbies.Here there are people from usa, australia, turkey, spain and other countries, so welcome to the first dutch user
PS: tomorrow I will put dutch flag for translation too 😉May 19, 2016 at 11:15 pm #6074
- Posts 626
Hello daans and welcome! No problems you could talk in English when you want. Ask everything you want in the right section. Stay fineJuly 25, 2016 at 9:14 am #7549
Yeah some point to celebrate 🙂
The cabinet build is at the point i’m installing the VP software. Had major stuttering with my Windows 10 installation, so changed back to Windows 8.1 Pro.
The tables i tested run very good. The first table i tried was Cactus Canyon off course 🙂
tonight i’m gonna go further with the software.
Also, when in the pinball flow, i bought i real table to have a touch-up. Galahad from Bally.
So i don’t have to think what to do with some spare time 😉
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.July 25, 2016 at 9:19 am #7552
Daans, really awesome pincabJuly 25, 2016 at 10:25 am #7555
I have to finish it, but it’s playable.
Some things to be done:
– lockbar, siderails, glass, ledbar, some black striping at the casing of the televisions, etc, etcOctober 18, 2016 at 9:24 pm #8713
I’m getting further 🙂
I will make some new pictures soon.
Finshing the ledbar, added the lockbar, siderails, glass etc.
Then i have to spraypaint it to repair the scratches i made by mounting/unmounting stuff all the time.
To be continued 🙂
In the maintime reading this forum dayly/weekly and be amazed of the tables created. Good work guys (and girls)!!
And learning some Italian when i forgot to set the language to english 🙂June 6, 2017 at 7:56 pm #13394
It’s been a while after my last post. I thought it’s time to do a update:
The pinball machine is finally finished (for so far you can say that with all ongoing development).
I attach some photos to illustrate.
The photos will speak for them selves, but some interesting points/highlights.
– The lockbar i used was a second hand one, which a friendly welder make it the right width. Yes you see it when you look close, but it’s really worked out fine!
– When i going to make an other one (yes have a old cabinet waiting to be reincarnate) i use less buttons. I lot i don’t use right now, so less is more for in my case 🙂
– The shoot rod, or what’s his name. I didn’t got it working fine for lots of tables. Such a waste of money for my concern 🙁 Also had a opto flipper board. Very annoying always the flipper sounds. Got rid of it to 😛
– Cut the vinyl stickers myself. It’s basic, but it will do.
Almost everyone that’s came to my place are very impressed. Also about the tables and gameplay. So i want to thank you all
I can’t sit still, so i have a few new projects under construction/on my list:
– digitize a existing pinball cabinet
– make a arcade game like ‘neuronrace’ game. A lot of buttons with lights; hit them with light on, +1, hit those with light off, -1. 2 player
– make a arcade cabinet. Have a ‘kit’ lying around.
– make a arcade cabinet containting arcade games, DDR (stepmania) en a shooting game. Bought EMS topguns, MISTAKE, chines rubbish. Going to buy some ultimark light guns (some day)
– going to make some DDR danceplates (also for kids). Have some metal ones and found a plan to make them yourself.
All those i want to rent to other people (have a small bouncecastle/party rent company, think the arcade things are a good addon).
So that’s enough writing.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 7, 2017 at 8:27 am #13416
what can I say? just WOW!
Awesome build, one of the best I ever seen!June 7, 2017 at 9:05 am #13417
- Posts 72
good job very nice pincab wowJune 7, 2017 at 11:41 am #13419
- Posts 246
What a nice Cab – Greetings from Austria.June 7, 2017 at 7:49 pm #13423
- Posts 9
Looking great, Daans!
Your last post convinced me to also make a short introduction on this great site soon.
Greetings from Marcel, another Dutch pinball addict.
Asus MB. i5. 8GB RAM. Asus GTX680 2GB. Samsung SSD. PF Samsung 37" HD. BG Acer 27" 1920x1200.
Running W7U64. VP921, VP993, VP1031. VPM2.9June 7, 2017 at 9:19 pm #13430
- Posts 55
Great looking cab Daan, awesome!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPAddicts/ Join on facebook! Visual Pinball Addicts will daily post all the latest releases, WIPs and other news from all the main VP websites.August 12, 2017 at 11:45 am #15257
This week i started with sanding my ‘spare cabinet’ to do another digital pinball cabinet.
It’s an old Williams Honey. (the other cabinet i posted before i have sold completely a few months ago. it turned to be ‘to OK’ to break down). Sold al the real pinball stuff that was inside of the Williams cabinet, so the cabinet turned out to be free 🙂 That i call a bargen 🙂 I digitised the cabinet artwork in Illustrator so that when all cabinet is restorated and painted i can make the original artwork again.
I try to use an old computer i have laying around (dual core 2.4 ghz) and bought a second hand CPU (GT730) for about 40 euros. The hd is an ssd 150 gb, that was waiting in the pc i had laying around (forgot i had it).
I let you know if the pc configuration work. Is there a topic where we can keep track of this information? If not, maybe a good idea? It must be very strait forward, so we can use it as a reverence later.
Talk to you later.
DaansAugust 12, 2017 at 1:25 pm #15258
- Posts 92
Welcome Daniel to Monsterbash Side. WOW Nice Work
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.