Indiana Jones Williams VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Indiana Jones Williams VPX

This topic contains 204 replies, has 106 voices, and was last updated by  Drask 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #17274

    imajonzin
    Participant
      • Posts 14

    Yes, both of these tables run over 200 FPS. I attached a screenshot of the F11 data from the table. Not sure if this will help.

    #17275

    imajonzin
    Participant
      • Posts 14

    2nd attempt to upload picture.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #17277

    LeChucksBeard
    Participant
      • Posts 15

    Just a shot in the dark, but could it be a bad rom file?

    Maybe you can go into the registry, search for vpinmame, find the entry for this rom (should be ij_l7), export it, then export one of those that work (AC DC), load them into a text editor and compare both to see what the differences are, if any.

    #17278
    ninuzzu
    ninuzzu
    Moderator
      • Posts 449

    What I see is the scripts that are causing it.
    Be sure to delete any vbs from the tables folder(scripts must stay in the scripts folder)
    Try to set
    Const UseSync = 0

    in the table script (the first lines).

    #17356
    toxie
    toxie
    Participant
      • Posts 32

    yeah, sorry guys, an oversight on my end, i interpreted that code in the exact opposite way, and to my own shame when i tested IJ i only made sure if the flippers and mini-playfield work but did not look at the score.. :/

    There is now a fixed version here: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38651&p=397251
    Please test.. ..

    #17470

    Iain1986
    Participant
      • Posts 6

    Bit late to the party here, but only just upgraded 10.4 to the latest (for Who Dunnit) and then checked this Indy score bug.

    Was able to reproduce it.

    Just downloaded that new WPC code Toxie and seems to be working fine here now (although I haven’t got to the Path of Adventure yet so don’t know if that mini playfield tilts correctly, but flippers and score all working properly).

    #17515

    Scooby
    Participant
      • Posts 48

    This can also be fixed in the script with the following changes:

    Add two new lines after the LoadVPM line (see below)

    LoadVPM "02800000", "WPC.VBS", 3.55
    keyStagedFlipperL = ""
    keyStagedFlipperR = ""

    Set UseSolenoids = 2

    Const UseSolenoids = 2

    I’m happy to report Roth’s script patch above is working well for me. Thanks!

    #17585

    Aetios
    Participant
      • Posts 16

    I am still hoping someone can help me with my issue. This table for some reason runs at 20 fps or so, and all my other tables run at over 300 fps. I have checked user settings, global video settings, etc. Normally, I would not keep pushing this, but I love this table, and want to play the X version. I do know at least one other user on the forums was having the same problem.

    Here is what I have tried so far:
    adjusted FXAA and other settings
    deleted/removed/tried new bs2 file
    deleted nvram file
    reload table from scratch
    run the table directly from VPX and not PBX
    I am running the latest vpx and VPinMAME version

    Are there settings specific to a table in the registry driving video settings/performance?
    Is there specific settings in some .vbs file that would be specific to this table?

    I’ve got exactly the same problem, I posted it in the WIP topic :ups:

    #17586

    Chapel78
    Participant
      • Posts 8

    When you load the table in vpx, is vsync set to -1 in the options tab?

    #17591

    Aetios
    Participant
      • Posts 16

    When you load the table in vpx, is vsync set to -1 in the options tab?

    yes it is

    #17595

    imajonzin
    Participant
      • Posts 14

    I absolutely love this table as well, and I have the exact same problem. I have spent many hours (and posts on various forums) trying to get this table to run properly. I have tried all kinds of things from deleting all related files and starting over, to comparing registry files with a working table line by line. At one point I had a fairly consistent run of getting the table to run properly the first time I started it up. After that it would slow to less than 20 fps if I tried to run it again. I could reboot my machine, and it would run with proper fps once, and then I would have to reboot again. Now, this does not even work. Any help would be appreciated. I am willing to do more testing, send logs, or whatever to help get this to work

    #17596

    Aetios
    Participant
      • Posts 16

    @imajonzin : I deleted the registry entry for ij_l7 and I got a 43 FPS as result. Then I started to modify my parameters in VPX and I lost 10 FPS. I still get 35 FPS with NO anti-aliasing, NO playfield Reflection and everything to the minimum. I tried with force fullscreen exclusive and without, nothing change… I ‘ll get mad with this table :motz: :wallbash:

    @ninuzzu : I tried modifying the Const UseSync to 0, that’s the same result.

    I get~ 90FPS with brute force AA x4 on ALL your others table.

    #17599
    ninuzzu
    ninuzzu
    Moderator
      • Posts 449

    Ok try this: go in the script, go to line 669, select lines 670-674 and pres CTRL+W to comment them, save and try.

    If this fails, go to line 969 and select lines 969-972 and comment them, save and try again.

    #17603

    imajonzin
    Participant
      • Posts 14

    Great news!!! Commenting the real time updates lines seemed to fix the issue. I am now getting over 200 FPS. Thanks for the assistance.

    #17607

    Aetios
    Participant
      • Posts 16

    the same here thx @ninuzzu :hurra:

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 205 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.