Star Wars Data East VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA Star Wars Data East VPX

This topic contains 214 replies, has 91 voices, and was last updated by  tototeseb 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 215 total)
  • Author

djrobx
    Participant
      • Posts 94

It’s an exit hole, and there is a wire ramp over it.

In the real machine the wire form is suspended a few inches above the hole. The ball can most certainly fall in the hole after hitting some pop bumpers.

Thanks – that explains some of the ROM behavior that I saw with the death star / R2 subways.

Draifet
    Participant
      • Posts 67

Really? I never played the real machine, but watched a lot of gameplays and never realized taht the ball can pass under the the wire form, nice to know.

cbuford
    cbuford
    Participant
      • Posts 5

Thanks – that explains some of the ROM behavior that I saw with the death star / R2 subways.

I think there are even callouts specific to the ball entering the hole that way. “This is no cave” is directly related to the artwork in that upper corner.

Let me know if you ever have any questions about how the real machine behaves.

Chris

Draifet
    Participant
      • Posts 67

Sorry wrong post and can’t delete.

Makineto
    Makineto
    Participant
      • Posts 18

excellent, :bravo: thank you very much for this nice and funny table

grebben
    Participant
      • Posts 1

hi, first post, I played many hundreds of hours on the real machine in tokyo in 1993. This was the machine that got me interested in pinball.

This is a FANTASTIC table and I am so grateful for it. The developers did a great job :yahoo:

So much that I just contributed by paypal – arigatou gozaimasu (thank you in japanese).

At the same time it does not play the same as I remember.

Hitting the death star was relatively easy but now it is very hard.

Also with the johnny mnemonic table the flippers are not in the exact right position and it drains more easily than the one I played in fukuoka (kyushu japana) in 1995. Seems also off centre.
    (I watched the movie 5 times in the cinema over 2 days cause out of money and they didn’t kick u out of the cinema in japan after a session so I only paid twice to watch the 5 times).

Hope that feedback is taken constructively. Already they play great.

Thanks!!

Robert Albright
    Participant
      • Posts 24

Can’t get the table to run. I have the correct rom and it tests OK in Pinmame setup. The table will launch with the backglass, and hear coins going in, but it will not play. Any ideas? Thanks

Dave Smith
    Participant
      • Posts 19

Robert

Make sure the Rom is in the correct path. C:\Visusl Pinball\Vpinmame\roms

Also check to make,sure you have the latest swtr_104 that the recommended rom to use with this.

venanti
    Participant
      • Posts 4

hello sorry for my english, i’m speak french, I have a script error

translate:

script error line this object is not a collection

In french

script error

Thanks

Last version of VPX beta, and script folder…

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 210

@venanti : Are you sure that you don’t still have the “old” nudgeplugin.vbs running ?

Star Wars Data East VPX

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 210

@venanti : Are you sure that you don’t still have the “old” nudgeplugin.vbs running ?

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/star-wars-data-east-vpx/page/10/#post-20611

venanti
    Participant
      • Posts 4

@thalamus I just deleted the file nudgeplugin.vbs and the table is working now

Thanks Thalamus

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 210

@ventant : don’t delete it – update it. To me it is a very essential piece of the VP experience as it gives me a “correct” number of warnings before a tilt. But, of course, with the newest code often used it goes kind of into a bug and needs to be updated instead of deleted. Mind you. 10.5 beta has the correct, updated version. So use that instead and you’re fine.

cristian diosono
    cristian diosono
    Participant
      • Posts 7

hi! the table is beautiful! but i dont know why i ear the sound but right an left flippers dont work…who can help me?

BambiPlattfuss
    BambiPlattfuss
    Participant
      • Posts 98

hi! the table is beautiful! but i dont know why i ear the sound but right an left flippers dont work…who can help me?

You Need to upgrade to latest vpx 10.5 beta

my project vpin on youtube: https://goo.gl/Dmk7c1
    Join the Visual Pinball Junkies Group on Facebook for latest Infos, WIP, cool people and a complete actual installation Guide https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPjunkies/

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.