The Shadow VPX

This topic contains 66 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  jodannar 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author

johnco
    Participant
      • Posts 11

Thanks Stefan, I wasn’t clear about my problem. Magna save buttons work fine in other tables that use them. Just Shadow doesn’t work. So I need to figure out how in the script to make it work.

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 260

johnco, also you can use the Variable “Left/RightPhurbaButton”, just Change in Script and enter another keycode,
    the same for the BuyIn JKey,
    list here …

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    amuro1977
    amuro1977
    Participant
      • Posts 53

Maybe Johnco didn’t seen Stefan’s solution:

Alessio, first thanks for your great Release here,
    later i was a bit confused about your Left/RightPhurbaButton, Users have to set keycode Numbers,
    not all have this Knowledge to do that.
    I personally use LeftMagnaSave and RightMagnaSave for that, and edited Line:

125 and 138: If keycode = keyFront
    126 and 139: If keycode = LeftMagnaSave
    127 and 140: If keycode = RightMagnaSave

Extra Variables aren’t needed, all is from VPMKeys.vbs and Editor Key Settings.

Also deleted Line 132, your Sub “Rules” Need a .exe File, don’t have/Need this

Whatever, great Work :good:

RallyRally
    RallyRally
    Participant
      • Posts 9

I’ve not played The Shadow since the VP9 incarnation, and I must say this VPX version is a exponential improvement. Unlike in VP9, I can consistently make shots, get 3 way combos, finish the battlefield and even get to Final Battle, all with that same great flow of the real table.

The problem lies for me in system performance. Even with all of my usual performance compromises, this table suffers from ball stutter and slowdown more than any of the other 55 VPX tables I have tried, and that was also after disabling playfield and ball reflections too. 2 ball multiball is playable but anything more is stutter drain city. Final Battle looks like a slide-show and eventually 2 balls always get stuck in the plunger launch area and can not get enough release speed to both come out.

Any advice for some more performance tweaks? Doesn’t seem like the images need lower resolution. Seems to be slowdown with contact of certain objects and during multi-ball.

amuro1977
    amuro1977
    Participant
      • Posts 53

I had some stutter problems with some tables.

For these tables the first problem for me is the Vsync. The Shadow had Vsync option set to “1” (activate). I changed this option to “-1” (the default value that you set in “preferences”, “Video Option” in VPX). My system is i3 (2nd generation) + GTX 960 and (for 99% of my tables) i can play good with Vsync desabled.

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 260

If you have Troubles, i would also try to set the 3 Options above to: Off/Disable/Off
    And click on “Playfield Graphics” and un-check Reflections, also helps.

Alessio
    Alessio
    Participant
      • Posts 160

Thanks to all the guys for your comments
    Thanks Stefan for the MagnaSave solution, I added the function to the script (next release 1.1)
    I do not understand why some users have problems with multiball slowdowns, I think it depends on the primitives, there are really many……….

gorilla g
    gorilla g
    Participant
      • Posts 2

Just finish playing. Very well done 5 stars in my book looks sharp I’m not having any problem with lane changing or maybe its already fix but i any case top notch.and no scrip change needed for lane change but i am using desk top not a cab keep up the great work :good:

Arngrim
    Arngrim
    Participant
      • Posts 36

thank you Alessio, i was waiting for that table in vpx for a long time, great conversion 😉

here is a script update for the sounfx implemented

https://pastebin.com/gax0XkVA

i also changed the diverters to the left and magnasave, like the real table

some other things, i don’t see any gi implemented, there is none in that pin?
    the ball rolling sound is not present when the ball is in the center of the playfield, not in the ramps
    for the FS pov, it is a bit too large, reducing it is more realistic (a real pin has a ratio closer than 21:9 than 16:9) so when it is reduced, we see the rails, there is a way to hide them in FS mode, by checking the desktopmode variable and with the material of the rail correctly configured in material collection, it is possible to hide them with the property visible of the rail primitive.
    when a ball is launched and it stays in the shooterlane, after some time the rom tries to search the ball, that means the shooterlane switch is not switched by the ball, if you can have a look at it

Thanks 😉

Arngrim
    Arngrim
    Participant
      • Posts 36

also the ball is often stuck here

Attachments:
    Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 260

Arngrim: http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/the-shadow-vpx/page/2/#post-16229

And don’t Forget KeyFront, and the (unused) Rules

But i think, Alessio will fix that, with next Update

Arngrim
    Arngrim
    Participant
      • Posts 36

Hey Stefan, i didn’t get this keyfront in fact, what is the usage?

Stefan Austria
    Stefan Austria
    Participant
      • Posts 260

I use Variable keyFront since 2 Years, because this is in (your VP/Scripts Folder …) VPMKeys.vbs:
    In the EndPart of the File: keyFront = 57 ‘(2) Front button (e.g. buy-in)
    For me 57 (Space Key) is one of my Front Keys, and i use this for “BuyIn” (and some MAME, Fire 3)

It is a Feature at some Pins, of Course as you know, and sometimes i “love it” 😉
    Guys, stay cool, NOT at Hiscore Challenges :bye:

To be complete here again, Key Number List below … just Change Value for your Key.

Attachments:

johnco
    Participant
      • Posts 11

Yes thank you this Stefan’s info below fixed my magna problem

Stefan Austria wrote:
    Alessio, first thanks for your great Release here,
    later i was a bit confused about your Left/RightPhurbaButton, Users have to set keycode Numbers,
    not all have this Knowledge to do that.
    I personally use LeftMagnaSave and RightMagnaSave for that, and edited Line:

125 and 138: If keycode = keyFront …
    126 and 139: If keycode = LeftMagnaSave …
    127 and 140: If keycode = RightMagnaSave …

Extra Variables aren’t needed, all is from VPMKeys.vbs and Editor Key Settings.

amuro1977
    amuro1977
    Participant
      • Posts 53

Oggi ho fatto un po’ di partite. Usando le correzioni di Stefan non ho più riscontrato problemi di blocco pallina e riesco ad utilizzare perfettamente i pulsanti magna save per modificare le rampe.

Unica cosa da segnalare sono alcuni scatti sporadici durante la Final Battle mentre sono in gioco tutte le palline ma molto probabilmente sono da imputare al mio processore i3 un po’ al limite. Come ho scritto prima ho comunque disabilitato il Vsync dalle opzioni perché, nel mio caso, con il Vsync attivo la palla scatta paurosamente

Ottimo lavoro Alessio! :good: Il tavolo non lo avevo mai giocato e mi piace tantissimo

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.