Which DMD to choose?

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TV AND MONITOR Which DMD to choose?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Walker 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

peterrr
    Participant
      • Posts 6

I have a 42″ screen for the table, and a 30″ monitor for the backglass, but I would like some advice on what to do for the DMD?

Is it worth getting one of the colour DMDs or just use another LCD monitor?

Any reccomendations really appreciated!

robwaade
    robwaade
    Participant
      • Posts 120

i just use 2 monitors works good for me

Tom Tower
    Tom Tower
    Keymaster
      • Posts 1576

i just use 2 monitors works good for me

me too

laylow
    laylow
    Participant
      • Posts 111

After 2 years lcd, I’m reeeeaaalllyyy happy with my pin2dmd :good:

tttttwii
    tttttwii
    Participant
      • Posts 72

I have a Pin2DMD. Cost from German Gaming supplies ~180 €. Works out of the box as a plug&play solution with 2 usb connections – 1 for power the other for signal. Display is crystal clear!

roar-
    Participant
      • Posts 51

I’ve got a pinDMD3 that I’ve converted to a PIN2DMD because I liked the look of a “real” DMD. They aren’t cheap though and I’m not sure the extra expense is worth it if you don’t really like the look of it.

peterrr
    Participant
      • Posts 6

PinDMD3 looks good, I’d like Pinball FX support, what was involved in converting it to PIN2DMD?

roar-
    Participant
      • Posts 51

Swapping the controller board is all it took… and running a separate connector for the 5V line as the PINDMD3 used a standard PC molex connector. Details can be found here:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3209-any-advice-on-how-to-convert-a-pindmd3-to-a-pin2dmd/

peterrr
    Participant
      • Posts 6

Sounds great. Do you have an orange colour you are happy with?

alandee
    alandee
    Participant
      • Posts 81

I just changed out a laptop monitor for a Pin2DMD, and love it .. Definately a worthwhile upgrade.
    Cheers.

Stephen Sayles
    Participant
      • Posts 41

I just changed out my PinDMD3 for a Laptop LCD Monitor, and it opens up more possibilities with the upcoming PinUP player and frontend. Already amazing with PinUp 1.2 and tables like Tron, it just makes id harder to play but great to watch a friend play.

peterrr
    Participant
      • Posts 6

Want to sell you PinDMD3 ;^)

Dan Walker
    Participant
      • Posts 2

I have one of these as my DMD display:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DVI-VGA-LCD-Controller-Board-With-12-3inch-1280×480-LQ123K1LG03-LCD-Screen/181460591337?hash=item2a3fe4e2e9:g:w7IAAOSwX61ZI6XZ

Works great and allows me to do DMD with freezy’s DLL, P-ROC DMD with a normal size, and show images/video if I want to.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.