World Cup Soccer 94 VPX

VIRTUAL PINBALL Forums TABLES, DB2S,ROMS,MEDIA World Cup Soccer 94 VPX

This topic contains 98 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Umpa Umpa 21 hours, 55 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)
  • Author

djrobx2
    Participant
      • Posts 36

Here are the rolling sounds. I also noticed that the original ones featured an annoying squeal. I filtered that out for these. I will take a look at the goalie issue, I noticed I wasn’t hearing the collision noise also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38l8dhzchw6ds29/jf_ballroll.zip?dl=0

djrobx2
    Participant
      • Posts 36

To fix goalie, open Collection Manager. Make a new collection called GWalls and add all the GWallnn walls to it. Check “Fire events for this collection” and click OK. See screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mark-70
    Mark-70
    Participant
      • Posts 109

To fix goalie, open Collection Manager. Make a new collection called GWalls and add all the GWallnn walls to it. Check “Fire events for this collection” and click OK. See screenshot.

Thank you djrobx, great advice – works like a charm!

Thalamus
    Participant
      • Posts 63

Great feedback DjRobX !!

BambiPlattfuss
    BambiPlattfuss
    Participant
      • Posts 30

Anybody else had this Problem that the Kickback isn´t strong enough?

Edit: I also changed the position of the Plunger to
    X: 892,7589 so it is more centered and i could see it much better. Anyone else had to do this?

my project vpin on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLrc8WJBNs-JN1Mga3qi3ZuxbQw4clQ2E0&v=-u5ftSFJOPc

JustAnotherRat
    JustAnotherRat
    Participant
      • Posts 9

I had a couple of games of this. It looks great and feels great but I did find a few issues that I thought I’d report.

The kick back doesn’t work sometimes, as in it is too weak. I watched it try to launch the ball, it didn’t go up far enough and dropped back down, then it tried again and dropped down again and then as the kickback turned off, the ball drained.

The skill shot lights don’t light up.

In the hit the goalie round, hitting the goalie isn’t recognised. Come to think of it, hitting the goalie might not be recognised at all. I don’t remember the commentator saying about him at all. (I’ve noticed that Mark-70 has also said that the hitting the goalie isn’t recognised and djrobx2 has provided a fix)

Sometimes the ball will sit on top of the spinner… it is supposed to roll across the top and out to the right but it is as if there is an invisible plastic stopping it. If the ball rolls faster it goes up over the “invisible plastic”. If the ball sits there long enough the spinner will spin releasing the ball. I have attached a photo where I circled the area the ball gets stuck.

I had the ball start to go up the right ramp and then it “fell off” and it came back down the lane on the outside of the ramp.

Attachments:

mophead
    Participant
      • Posts 16

Fantastic recommendations djrob2 and Thalamus, all implemented and work like a charm! Great learning experience as well so thank for sharing! Awesome table Alessio!

BambiPlattfuss
    BambiPlattfuss
    Participant
      • Posts 30

Kicker solution: Checked Kicker and changed in Options Hit Height to 55. Testet it and it worked 3 times now.
    Since i´m a bad player everytime i tweak around with something i don´t hit it very often

my project vpin on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLrc8WJBNs-JN1Mga3qi3ZuxbQw4clQ2E0&v=-u5ftSFJOPc

BambiPlattfuss
    BambiPlattfuss
    Participant
      • Posts 30

Noticed another Issue. When the striker award is lit and when you then hit the right side of the goal then it registers is at a striker shot, even it was not.

BorisB
    BorisB
    Participant
      • Posts 12

this is (once again!) a wonderful table! Thanks Alessio! and all others for their great contributions that solve it’s issues!

:yahoo:

djrobx2
    Participant
      • Posts 36

Kicker solution: Checked Kicker and changed in Options Hit Height to 55. Testet it and it worked 3 times now.
    Since i´m a bad player everytime i tweak around with something i don´t hit it very often

Which kicker is this? CornerKicker?

jesperpark
    Participant
      • Posts 28

Great table Alessio, thanks for all the hard work

Also thanks to everyone posting their input, to improve this WIP

I’m having fun slowly improving the table with fixes :good:

As said above I am having the same issue with ball stick above spinning ball, along with other noted issues. But it’s getting better

HauntFreaks
    HauntFreaks
    Participant
      • Posts 32

As said above I am having the same issue with ball stick above spinning ball, along with other noted issues. But it’s getting better

I looked this as well… what i think is happening is the 3 prim posts are not colliable so the ball is going past those and sitting in the nook of that prim wall…. I built a wall in front of just those posts both ways will work i just was looking to keep everything in the same positions so the ball would act as natural as possible….

pic

Attachments:
    HauntFreaks
    HauntFreaks
    Participant
      • Posts 32

or just put collidable round walls each post…

_Sven34_
    _Sven34_
    Participant
      • Posts 78

Thank you Tom for World Cup Soccer. Is great :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.